SOLD - Finally finished...

 I picked up this beautiful but tired old piece some time ago.  He needed some serious repair work, the whole body was loose and needed to be reglued, drawers needed repair as well as patching all the broken veneer.


 Painted the first coat in Old White, and the second coat in a mix of one part French Linen to 3 parts Old White. Some distressing and a little dark wax.

 A feature I just love are the secret compartments on either side that swivel out and can hold your jewellery, etc.

 Changed out the wooden knobs for some vintage bin pulls. (one of my favorite style of hardware).
It comes with a key that can lock all the drawers!  I think he is quite handsome now!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful piece! I love the makeover, and that little half-moon drawer on the side is the perfect punctuation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! oh! oh! what a fantastic transformation. I love what you do. I have so many pieces waiting for me to work on them. You really inspire me. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila and thank you Karen too!! I never tire of the transformation of a piece, always so much fun!!

      Delete
  3. Totally Agree, he is very handsome!! You did a great job with this one! Love it.

    ReplyDelete